Surgery for refractory Plantar fasciitis
95% of all the plantar fasciitis will be cure with the use of Insoles, Exercise programmes and 3-5 treatments of NEW Shock wave Therapy.
If these help Surgery is the last resort and we are happy to offer New TOPAZ technique.
This is a New technique. This uses Coblation technology to provide a controlled minimally invasive approach for treating plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis.
This technique uses a TOPAZ MicroDebrider which sends minimally invasive RF treatments to the fascia or the tendon.
- This is a Day case procedure
- This is done either under Local anaesthesia or Short general Anaesthesia
- A couple of small incision are made near the treatment area
- Multiple micro Coblations are done used highly sophisticated TOPAZ MicroDebrider
- Wounds are closed and sterile dressings are applied
- You will go home in 2-3 hours time with pain killers to take home
Post Operative Care
- First 3 weeks - We will give you a aircast walker and crutches to fully weight bear
- 4-8 weeks – We advice Passive and active range of movement exercises
- 9-12 weeks – Back to normal activities except sports and heavy lifting
- After 3 months – Back to sporting activities